Servings: 4 Prep 25 mins Chill 1 hr Broil 4 mins to 6 mins
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped (1 tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- 1 pound large shrimp (about 24), cleaned, deveined, with tails left on
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch cubes (about 16 cubes)
- 8 (10-inch) bamboo or metal skewers
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
1. In 1-gallon plastic food-storage bag or large bowl, combine lime juice, apricot preserves, garlic, oil, soy sauce, salt and pepper flakes. Add shrimp; toss to mix well. Marinate in refrigerator 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, if using bamboo skewers, soak in water to cover for at least 30 minutes.
3. Preheat broiler. Coat boiler-pan rack with nonstick cooking spray. Alternately thread shrimp and pineapple on skewers. Brush with marinade from shrimp. Arrange skewers on broiler pan.
4. Broil skewers 4 inches from heat for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until shrimp are cooked through. Transfer to serving platter. Sprinkle with cilantro. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 198, Fat, total (g): 8, chol. (mg): 64, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 25, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 9, sodium (mg): 767, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.