Servings: 6 Prep 25 mins Cook 1 min
- 3 quarts water
- Rind and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 sprig parsley
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 pound large shrimp, in shells
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse (kosher) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot-pepper sauce
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
1. Bring water, lemon rind and juice, parsley, crushed garlic, salt, peppercorns and bay leaf to boiling in large saucepan. Add shrimp; return to boiling; cook 1 minute or until pink and cooked through. Drain; rinse under cold running water. Peel the shrimp and devein.
2. Combine vinegar, mustard, ketchup, horseradish, paprika, garlic, pepper, salt and hot-pepper sauce in blender or food processor. Whirl until pureed. With motor running, gradually pour in oil in slow, steady stream. Pour into bowl. Stir in green onion and parsley.
3. Serve sauce with shrimp. Garnish with lemon slices. Makes 6 servings. Note:
4. The sauce can be made a day ahead and refrigerated to allow flavors to mellow.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 187, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): 135, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 3, pro. (g): 15, sodium (mg): 314, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.