- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, chopped
- 1/4 cup apricot nectar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 pound cooked shrimp, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small pita breads
- 1 small bunch watercress
1. Puree 2 tablespoons chopped mango, nectar, oil and ginger in processor until smooth.
2. Combine shrimp, onion, lemon juice, salt, pepper, remaining chopped mango and pureed mango mixture in large bowl.
3. Split open each pita. Spoon shrimp mixture into each pocket. Top with watercress. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 343, Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): 221, carb. (g): 43, pro. (g): 30, sodium (mg): 698, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.