Servings: 8 Yield: 8 fajitas Prep 10 mins Cook 11 mins
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 pounds pre-sliced peppers and onions, about 6 cups
- 1 tablespoon pre-minced garlic
- 1/2 1.2 ounce package (1.2 ounces) fajita seasoning mix (such as McCormick)
- 8 whole-wheat fajita-size tortillas
- Reduced-fat sour cream, salsa, refrigerated guacamole, microwavable rice, and salad, for serving (optional) , for serving (optional)
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large stainless steel skillet. Add shrimp and cook 3 to 4 minutes, turning once, until cooked through. Remove to a plate and reserve.
2. Add remaining tablespoon oil, and peppers and onions, to the skillet. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan. Add garlic after 4 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup water and seasoning mix. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Return shrimp to skillet and heat through.
3. Serve with warm tortillas. If desired, accompany with sour cream, salsa, guacamole, rice and salad.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 263, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 126, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 29, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 19, sodium (mg): 834, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.