Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Chill 30 mins Cook 8 mins
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 pound medium shrimp
- 1 package (3.5 ounces) chorizo sausage, sliced in half lengthwise, then diagonally into thin strips
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound assorted sliced sweet pepper strips OR: 1 each sweet red, yellow and orange peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 16 flour tortillas (6 inch)
- 1/2 cup water
- Prepared guacamole, salsa, shredded cheese, sour cream
1. For Seasoning Mix, combine chili powder, cornstarch, onion salt, garlic powder, pepper, oregano and cumin.
2. In plastic food-storage bag, combine shrimp, chorizo, 1 tablespoon seasoning mix, lime juice and 1 tablespoon oil; seal. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
3. In large nonstick skillet, heat remaining oil over high heat. Add peppers and onion; saute 5 minutes.
4. Warm tortillas following package directions.
5. Add shrimp mixture to skillet; cook 1 minute. Add remaining seasoning mix and 1/2 cup water. Bring to simmering; cook until shrimp are cooked through, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately with warm tortillas and accompaniments, if desired. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 360, Fat, total (g): 15, chol. (mg): 132, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 34, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 23, sodium (mg): 919, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.