Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Cook 10 mins
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled, deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups instant rice
- 2 tablespoons dark Asian sesame oil
- 1 sweet red pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 sweet yellow pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas OR: snow peas
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with chicken broth
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Combine shrimp, ginger, cayenne, garlic, sesame seeds and pepper in large resealable plastic bag.
2. Place rice in heatproof serving bowl. Bring 2-1/2 cups water to boiling in large wok or skillet; pour over rice in bowl. Cover with foil; set aside.
3. Heat oil in dry wok or skillet. Add sweet peppers and onion; saute 3 to 4 minutes, to slightly soften. Add teriyaki sauce. Add snap peas and shrimp; saute 4 minutes, until shrimp are opaque. Add cornstarch mixture; cook, stirring, until mixture boils. Sprinkle with salt.
4. Fluff rice with fork. Spoon shrimp mixture over rice. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 400, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 162, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 51, pro. (g): 25, sodium (mg): 1036, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.