1. Drain canned pineapple, reserving the juice.
2. Combine soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, plum wine, fresh ginger, green onion and oil in a blender or food processor. Whirl until pureed. Transfer marinade to plastic food-storage bag. Add the reserved pineapple juice. Add shrimp; seal and turn the bag to coat shrimp. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Soak eight 12-inch bamboo skewers in water.
4. Heat broiler. Thread shrimp, tomatoes and pineapple on skewers. Place on rack in broiler pan; spoon some marinade over skewers.
5. Broil 3 inches from heat for about 6 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through, turning once and basting again with marinade. Makes 8 skewers.