Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 12 mins
- 1 6 ounce box seasoned couscous mix
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 3 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, shelled and deveined, tails left on (about 24 shrimp)
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
1. In saucepan, heat amount of liquid as directed on packaged couscous mixture.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil and 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet. Add garlic and pepper flakes; cook 1 minute. Add shrimp; cook 6 minutes. Remove shrimp with slotted spoon to plate; keep warm. Reserve cooking oil.
3. Add wine to couscous liquid in saucepan. Boil 1 minute. Add remaining butter, juice, salt, pepper, parsley. Finish couscous, following package directions.
4. Spoon couscous on platter. Add shrimp. Drizzle on oil from skillet. Garnish with lemon wedges. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 324, Fat, total (g): 18, chol. (mg): 155, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 23, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 19, sodium (mg): 506, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.