Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Cook 8 mins to 10 mins
- 3 pounds mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley, chopped, plus extra for garnish
1. Discard any open mussels that don't close when lightly touched.
2. Saute onion and garlic in 1 tablespoon butter in large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat until until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in pepper, lemon juice and wine. Bring to boiling. Add parsley.
3. Add mussels to pot. Cover and reduce heat to low; cook for 8 to 10 minutes or just until shells open.
4. Remove mussels with slotted spoon to bowl. Discard any mussels that don't open. Swirl remaining butter into cooking liquid. Spoon over mussels. Garnish with parsley. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 231, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 66, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 10, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 22, sodium (mg): 336, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.