Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Bake 450°F 13 mins
- 2 salmon fillets (about 1-1/4 inches thick), cut into 6 equal pieces
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 medium-size red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and diced
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 12 ounce jar peach preserves
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 3 cups quick-cooking rice
- 1 10 ounce box frozen peas, thawed
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Place salmon in dish. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
2. Roast in 450 degrees F oven 13 minutes or until fish flakes when touched with fork.
3. Meanwhile, saute onion, chile, half the scallions in oil in saucepan 3 minutes. Add curry, pepper; cook 1 minute. Add preserves, remaining salt, mango; cook 5 minutes. Remove chutney from heat.
4. Cook rice following package directions. Add peas to rice.
5. Serve salmon with rice. Spoon a little chutney over salmon. Top with remaining scallions. Serve chutney on side. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 596, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 74, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 90, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 35, sodium (mg): 644, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.