Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Cook 8 mins Stand 7 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces chicken tenders, halved crosswise
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cups water
- 2 envelopes (0.19 ounces each) low-sodium chicken broth powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups instant rice
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can (6 1/2 ounces) chopped clams
- 4 ounces cooked shrimp
1. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet. Add chicken; saute 3 minutes or until browned. Push to side of skillet. Add onion and garlic; saute until softened, about 3 minutes.
2. Add water, broth powder, salt, turmeric, pepper flakes and black pepper. Bring to boiling. Stir in rice and peas. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 7 minutes.
3. Stir in clams with liquid and shrimp. Heat briefly. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 320, Fat, total (g): 4, chol. (mg): 69, carb. (g): 47, pro. (g): 22, sodium (mg): 773, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.