Servings: 4 Prep 5 mins Bake 350°F 10 mins Cook 20 mins Broil 5 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium-size onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 large canned tomatoes, chopped OR: 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 10 oil-cured black olives, pitted, sliced
- 1 teaspoon capers, mashed
- 4 6-ounce firm white fish fillets, like snapper
Make It Prepare Sauce:
1. Heat oil in saucepan. Add onion and garlic; saute for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add tomatoes, thyme, bay leaves, olives and capers; simmer, uncovered, over medium heat 15 minutes. Remove and discard bay leaves.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat broilerproof baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place fish in single layer in baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
3. Remove dish from oven. Increase oven temperature to broil. Spoon sauce over fish. Broil fish 3 to 4 inches from source of heat for 5 minutes. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 357, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 101, carb. (g): 7, pro. (g): 57, sodium (mg): 334, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.