Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 25 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 fennel bulb (about 3/4 pound), trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 pound red and/or yellow tomatoes, cored, chopped
- 2 pounds salmon fillet (about 1 inch thick), cut into 6 serving portions
- 2 cups dry white vermouth
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
1. In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add fennel; cook until softened and lightly golden, 7 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook 3 minutes. Add tomatoes; cover; cook 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
2. Place salmon in second large skillet. Add vermouth and water to cover. Simmer about 10 minutes per inch of thickness. Transfer salmon to platter; reserve cooking liquid.
3. Add olives, seasoning salt and 1/4 cup of salmon poaching liquid to skillet with tomato sauce. Bring to a simmer; cook for 1 minute. Spoon sauce over salmon and serve. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 347, Fat, total (g): 19, chol. (mg): 9, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 9, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 34, sodium (mg): 644, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.