This appetizer recipe comes from southern France. It's rather like a pizza but it's topped with sauteed onions, anchovies, and olives and sprinkled with herbes de Provence.
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add onions; cook, covered, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Heat oven to 425 F. Coat a 15 x 10 x 1-inch jelly roll pan with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Add garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of the herbes de Provence, salt and pepper to onions. Cook, uncovered, an additional 5 minutes.
4. On a lightly floured work surfaceroll bread dough into a 15 x 10-inch rectangle. Place on prepared jelly roll pan, pressing out to edges of pan. Spoon onions evenly over the top. Place anchovy fillets over onions in a lattice pattern and place olives inside the sections of lattice. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon herbes de Provence.
5. Bake at 425 F for 25 minutes or until lightly browned on bottom. Remove to board, cool slightly and cut into squares.