Servings: 4 Start to Finish 450°F 20 mins
- 4 - 6 ounces fresh or frozen skinless salmon fillets
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
1. Thaw salmon, if frozen. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Measure thickness of fish. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Place fish on a baking sheet. Bake until fish begins to flake when tested with a fork. (Allow 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness of fish.)
2. Meanwhile, in an extra-large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion to skillet; cook for 2 minutes. Add zucchini, eggplant, and undrained tomatoes. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve vegetable mixture with fish.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 450, Fat, total (g): 26, chol. (mg): 100, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 19, Monounsaturated fat (g): 8, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 11, fiber (g): 7, sugar (g): 10, pro. (g): 37, vit. A (IU): 680, vit. C (mg): 34, Thiamin (mg): 1, Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 14, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): 1, Folate (µg): 105, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 5, sodium (mg): 601, Potassium (mg): 1167, calcium (mg): 71, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.