Servings: 6 Prep 25 mins Bake 450° 10 mins
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 pound cod fillets, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup torn soft bread pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 450 degree F. Coat a wire baking rack with nonstick cooking spray and place on a baking sheet or in a shallow baking pan; set aside. Cut fish into 3x1-inch strips; set aside.
2. Place the pecans, bread pieces, and salt in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Place in a small bowl. Place flour in another small bowl. Place eggs in a third small bowl.
3. Lightly coat the cod strips in the flour, shaking to remove excess. Dip flour-coated strips in egg, then roll in pecan mixture to coat. Place the cod strips on the prepared rack. Lightly coat fish with cooking spray.
4. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden and fish flakes when tested with a fork. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 257, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 103, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 12, Monounsaturated fat (g): 8, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 4, fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 1, pro. (g): 19, vit. A (IU): 97, vit. C (mg): 1, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 3, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 40, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 1, sodium (mg): 309, Potassium (mg): 424, calcium (mg): 50, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.