Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Cook 5 mins
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced onion, shallot or scallion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillet (about 1-inch thick), skin on, cut into 4 pieces
Make It Sauce:
1. In a small bowl, combine yogurt, cucumber, mint, olive oil, onion, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Salmon:
2. In a small bowl, mix together ginger, garlic, curry powder, lemon juice, paprika, salt, cinnamon and cayenne. Place salmon in a microwave-safe baking dish. Spread ginger-curry mixture over salmon.
3. Cover with plastic wrap, venting in one corner. Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Let rest for a few minutes.
4. Slip thin spatula underneath skin and lift salmon off; serve salmon with yogurt sauce on the side. Serve with sauteed broccoli rabe and cooked white rice, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 354, Fat, total (g): 21, chol. (mg): 104, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 3, fiber (g): , pro. (g): 35, sodium (mg): 443, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.