Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Cook 5 mins
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 4 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 slices (1 ounce each) sourdough bread
- 4 leaves leafy lettuce
- 4 slices red onion
- 8 leaves fresh basil
1. In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, capers, mustard, Italian seasoning and pimientos. Refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Heat a grill pan over high heat. Coat with nonstick cooking spray. Season the tuna steaks with salt and pepper. Grill each steak for about 2 minutes per side.
3. To serve, place 4 slices of the bread on work surface. Place lettuce leaf, onion slice and 2 basil leaves on each. Top each with a piece of tuna. Spread each remaining bread slice with 2 tablespoons of the mayonnaise mixture and place on top of tuna steak. Serve remaining sauce on the side. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 466, Fat, total (g): 14, chol. (mg): 87, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 37, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 46, sodium (mg): 971, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.