Servings: 4 Prep 20 mins Grill 6 mins to 10 mins
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mashed canned anchovies
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
- 2 small tomatoes (about 3/4 pound), seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped, pitted Kalamata olives or other oil-cured black olive
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tuna steaks (1-1/4 pounds total), each 1 inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh thyme sprigs, for garnish
1. Prepare a charcoal grill with hot coals, or heat a gas grill to high, or heat an oven broiler.
2. Mix 2 tablespoons oil, anchovy and garlic in bowl. Add tomato, olives, capers, basil, thyme and pepper.
3. Rinse tuna steaks and pat dry. Brush with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle with salt.
4. Grill or broil tuna 3 minutes each side for medium-rare or until desired doneness. Place on 4 plates. Spoon tomato mixture over tuna. Garnish with thyme.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 317, Fat, total (g): 17, chol. (mg): 69, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 4, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 36, sodium (mg): 809, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.