1. In a medium saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons each of butter and oil. Add garlic and shallots, and saute until soft. Do not brown.
2. Add the rice, and saute just until it's well-coated with oil. Add the wine, and cook the mixture until it's almost dry.
3. Ladle 4 ounces of boiling stock into the rice. Stir over medium heat until stock is absorbed. Add another 4 ounces of stock, and repeat the process until you have added all the stock or until rice is tender but still firm.
4. Remove from the heat, and stir in cheese and remaining butter. Season with salt and pepper; add more stock if necessary.
5. Season shrimp with 1 talbespoon oil, and add pepper and salt. Cook over a hot grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side. Sprinkle with lemon juice and parsley. Place atop risotto and serve.