Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Marinate 15 mins Grill 6 mins
- 1 7 ounce container reduced-fat plain Greek yogurt (such as Fage)
- 4 ounces herb-seasoned feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 6 whole-wheat pitas, about 6-inch diameter
- 3 cups iceberg salad mix
- Sliced red onion and plum tomatoes (optional)
Make It Sauce:
1. In a medium-size bowl, stir together yogurt, crumbled feta, cucumber and lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Shrimp:
2. Combine olive oil, lemon juice, mint, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Add shrimp, seal bag and shake to coat shrimp with marinade. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
3. Heat gas grill to medium-high or prepare a charcoal grill with medium-hot coals. Lightly coat grill rack with oil or nonstick cooking spray. Place shrimp in a grilling basket and grill for 3 minutes. Baste once with the remaining marinade. Turn shrimp and grill for an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp is cooked.
4. To serve, equally divide the salad, sauce and shrimp over each pita. Add onion and tomato, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 406, Fat, total (g): 15, chol. (mg): 183, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 40, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 31, sodium (mg): 972, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.