Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Cook 10 mins Grill 3 mins to 4 mins
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 pound large shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1 tablespoon apricot preserves
- 1 15 1/4 ounce can tropical fruit medley, drained and 3/4 cup juice reserved
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dark Asian sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole water chestnuts, drained and sliced
1. Prepare outdoor grill with hot coals, or heat gas grill to hot, or heat oven broiler.
2. Prepare rice following package directions, omitting butter and salt. Let cool.
3. Thread shrimp on 6 metal skewers. Brush with preserves.
4. Grill or broil shrimp, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
5. To make dressing, whisk together reserved juice, vinegar, oils, ginger, salt and pepper in small bowl.
6. Combine cooled rice, drained fruit, tomatoes and water chestnuts and half the dressing in large bowl; toss to combine. To serve, place 1 cup rice mixture on each plate. Top with grilled shrimp; drizzle with remaining dressing.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 233, Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): 90, sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 35, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 13, sodium (mg): 215, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.