Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Cook 10 mins
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 small sweet red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped, including part of the green
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 4 tilapia fillets (about 1-1/2 pounds total)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
1. Combine pineapple, sweet red pepper, scallions, lime juice and hot pepper flakes. Set aside.
2. Place flour and cornmeal in separate shallow bowls. Whisk mayonnaise and Old Bay seasoning in a small bowl.
3. Dip one fillet in flour; shake off excess. Brush both sides of fillet with mayonnaise, then dip in cornmeal, shaking off excess. Place on waxed-paper-lined baking sheet; repeat with remaining fillets. Can be made up to 3 hours ahead, covered and refrigerated.
4. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil, then butter. Add fillets and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until golden. Turn and cook another 5 minutes. Serve with pineapple salsa.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 376, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 93, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 24, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 34, sodium (mg): 342, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.