Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 25 mins
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 6 flounder (about 1-3/4 pounds total)
- 1 leek, cut in 2-inch pieces, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 3 carrots, cut in 2-inch pieces, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
1. Place flour in small pan; place eggs in small bowl.
2. Heat half the butter and oil in large nonstick skillet. Coat 3 fillets with flour; dip in eggs. Cook in skillet 2-1/2 minutes per side, until lightly golden. Remove to platter; keep warm. Add remaining butter and oil to skillet. Cook remaining fillets.
3. To skillet, add leek, carrots, salt and pepper; saute 4 minutes; if dry, add more butter. Add broth, wine, lemon and capers. Cover; cook 6 minutes, until carrots are tender. Spoon over fish.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 320, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): 181, carb. (g): 18, pro. (g): 30, sodium (mg): 566, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.