Servings: 4 Prep 20 mins Cook 8 mins to 10 mins
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 (5 ounces each) catfish
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
1. Combine egg and water in pie plate until blended. Spoon flour onto waxed paper. Combine cornmeal, cheese, basil and salt on second piece of waxed paper.
2. Dredge fish in flour. Dip in egg, then in cornmeal mixture to coat.
3. Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in large nonstick skillet. Place 2 fillets in skillet. Cook first side 4 to 5 minutes until golden brown. Turn and cook other side 4 to 5 minutes more. Remove from skillet; keep warm. Repeat with remaining fillets.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 511, Fat, total (g): 19, chol. (mg): 287, carb. (g): 11, pro. (g): 70, sodium (mg): 571, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.