Servings: 6 Prep 30 mins Cook 6 mins
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped capers
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid hot-pepper sauce
- 1 pound catfish fillets, in chunks
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup packaged seasoned bread crumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 sweet red pepper, finely diced
- 3 scallions, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Make It Remoulade:
1. Mix mayonnaise, capers, lemon juice and pepper sauce in bowl. Cover; refrigerate. Catfish Cakes:
2. Pulse catfish in food processor until coarsely chopped. Mix cornmeal, crumbs and 1/4 teaspoon salt in small bowl. Add 1/2 cup cornmeal mixture to catfish in processor; reserve remainder for coating. Add red pepper, scallions, Cajun seasoning, black pepper, lemon juice, egg white and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt to processor. Pulse until evenly combined, about 30 seconds.
3. Shape mixture into eighteen 2-inch patties, 2 tablespoons each. Coat in remaining cornmeal mixture.
4. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Without crowding, cook cakes in batches 3 minutes, until light golden. Flip over; cook 3 minutes. Serve warm with remoulade.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 272, Fat, total (g): 18, chol. (mg): 38, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 16, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 14, sodium (mg): 693, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.