Servings: 6 Prep 5 mins Chill 10 mins Broil 3 mins to 4 mins
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 3/4 pounds shelled, uncooked jumbo shrimp
- 1 lime cut into wedges, for garnish
1. Heat broiler. Coat large broiler-pan rack with nonstick vegetable-oil cooking spray.
2. Mix brown sugar, allspice, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, salt and cayenne in bowl. Whisk in oil, molasses and lime juice until smooth. Add shrimp; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes, stirring after 5 minutes.
3. Arrange shrimp in single layer on broiler-pan rack. Broil about 4 inches from heat for 2 minutes. Turn shrimp over. Broil 1 to 2 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through.
4. Serve shrimp immediately with white rice if desired. Garnish with lime wedges. Pour drippings from broiler pan over shrimp, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 140, Fat, total (g): 3, chol. (mg): 188, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 6, fiber (g): , pro. (g): 20, sodium (mg): 413, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.