1. In a food processor, combine the surimi, and pepper, celery pieces and trimmed scallions. Pulse to finely chop. Add the egg whites, 3 tablespoons mayonnaise and 1/3 cup of the bread crumbs. Pulse to combine. Let stand 5 minutes.
2. Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a large sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place remaining 1/3 cup bread crumbs in a shallow dish. Using a heaping tablespoon, gently form small patties, each about 1/2 inch thick and 1-3/4 inches across. Coat with bread crumbs. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Spray tops of crab cakes with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Bake crab cakes in 425 degrees F oven for 20 minutes, turning once.Dipping Sauce:
4. In medium-size bowl, combine 1/3 cup mayonnaise, finely chopped celery, finely chopped scallion, pickle relish and water or milk. Stir until ingredients are well blended. Refrigerate until serving.
5. Once crab cakes are done baking, transfer to a serving platter. Serve with dipping sauce on the side.