Prep 20 mins Cook 24 mins
- 1/2 pound raw shell-on shrimp (thawed if frozen)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, peeled and minced
- 1 sweet red pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 3/4 pound small new potatoes, diced
- 1 6 1/2 ounce can chopped clams in juice
- 1/2 pound tilapia fillet
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 10 3/4 ounce can condensed cream of shrimp soup
- 1 10 ounce box frozen corn kernels, thawed
- Oyster crackers (optional)
- Snipped fresh chives (optional)
1. Peel shrimp. Place shells in a medium saucepan. Add 2-1/2 cups water, cover and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add shallots and sweet red pepper. Cook 5 minutes to soften. Stir in potatoes and cook 1 minute. Strain clam juice into pot, reserving clams. Strain shrimp broth into pot; discard shrimp shells. Bring to a simmer, cook 10 minutes.
3. While potato mixture cooks, cut shrimp and tilapia into bite-size pieces; whisk flour and salt into milk.
4. Stir shrimp, tilapia, milk mixture, condensed soup, clams and corn into pot. Simmer 3 to 4 minutes, until shrimp is pink and fish is opaque. Top with crackers and chives, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 343, Fat, total (g): 12, chol. (mg): 96, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 38, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 25, sodium (mg): 875, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.