Servings: 5 Prep 24 mins Slow Cook on HIGH for 4 hours, 45 minutes or LOW for 7 hours
- 2 leeks, white and lightgreen parts only, sliced and cleaned well
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced in half-moons
- 1 large rib celery, diced
- 1 pound russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups 1/3-less-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 bunch pencil-thin asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1/4- to 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound peeled, deveined shrimp, cut in half
- 1/2 pound bay scallops (thawed, if frozen)
- 1/2 pound lump crab meat or imitation crab (surimi), torn into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons instant potato flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
1. Coat slow cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Add leeks, carrots, celery and potatoes. Whisk in milk, vegetable broth, Old Bay seasoning, garlic powder and nutmeg. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 1/2 hours or LOW for 6 hours, 45 minutes.
2. Uncover and stir in asparagus, shrimp, scallops, crab and potato flakes. Re-cover and cook for an additional 15 minutes (on either HIGH or LOW; see Note). Season to taste with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Note: Seafood cooks very quickly and can easily get tough. Make sure that shrimp and scallops are opaque yet tender and crab is heated through.
Tip For easy cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 5; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 330, Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): 103, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 44, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 29, sodium (mg): 957, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.