Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Cook 11 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops
- 1 10 ounce package frozen peas, thawed
- 1 9 ounce package refrigerated fresh fettuccine (such as Buitoni)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Stir in tomatoes, sugar, oregano, red pepper flakes and salt. Bring to a simmer. Add scallops and cook 5 minutes, turning once. Stir in peas and heat through.
3. Cook pasta following package directions, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and place in a large serving bowl and toss with the scallops and sauce. Toss in the torn basil and serve immediately.
- Substitute large cleaned shrimp for scallops and cut cooking time in sauce by 1 minute. Swap blanched frozen cut Italian green beans for the peas.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 488, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 89, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 63, fiber (g): 9, pro. (g): 43, sodium (mg): 744, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.