1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender. Remove to a plate.
2. Season scallops with salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes, turning once. Return peppers to skillet; stir in sauce and clams. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and simmer 1 minute or until scallops are cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, cook pappardelle following package directions, about 10 minutes. Reserve 1 cup cooking water. Drain.
4. Add pappardelle to skillet and stir until evenly coated with sauce. Add reserved cooking water as needed to thin sauce. To serve, spoon onto a large serving platter and garnish with basil.
5. NOTE: To freeze fresh scallops, place on plastic wrap in a single layer and tightly wrap. Wrap in foil and freeze. When ready to cook, first thaw in refrigerator overnight.