Servings: 4 Prep 20 mins Total Time 25 mins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided, plus more for the pasta
- 10 ounces dried angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup Weekend-Prepped Pesto
- 3/4 pound fresh sea scallops
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
1. In a large pot cook the pasta according to package directions in lightly salted water. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water and drain. In the same pot, toss the pasta with the reserved pasta water, pesto, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
2. Season the scallops with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste. In a large nonstick skillet heat the oil over medium-high heat. Cook the scallops until golden brown on both sides, about 6 minutes total. Serve over the pasta with the lemon wedges.
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale, ribs removed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Cook kale in boiling water for 30 seconds. Drain well. In a food processor combine the kale, olive oil, Parmesan, walnuts, garlic, and salt. Process until smooth. Refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 500, Fat, total (g): 19, chol. (mg): 30, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 37, Monounsaturated fat (g): 11, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 4, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 3, sugar (g): 3, pro. (g): 25, vit. A (IU): 1194, vit. C (mg): 21, Thiamin (mg): 1, Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 6, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 186, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 1, sodium (mg): 562, Potassium (mg): 517, calcium (mg): 79, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.