Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 11 mins Stand 5 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 sweet red peppers, cored, seeded, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/4 pounds sea scallops, rinsed
- 1 10 ounce package frozen peas, thawed
- 2 chipotle chorizo or jalapeno-flavored fully cooked chicken sausages from a 12-ounce package (such as Al Fresco), cut into 1/2-inch coins
- 1 6 1/2 ounce can chopped clams
- 3 cups whole-wheat couscous
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges (optional)
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add red peppers, onion and garlic. Cook 6 minutes, stirring. Add broth, 1 cup water, turmeric, black pepper, salt and red pepper flakes. Bring to a simmer and add scallops. Simmer, covered, 3 minutes. Stir in peas, sausage and clams with their liquid. Simmer, covered, 2 minutes.
2. Turn off heat; add couscous. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
3. Fluff couscous with a fork. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 160, Fat, total (g): 8, chol. (mg): 57, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 64, Monounsaturated fat (g): 8, fiber (g): 11, pro. (g): 36, sodium (mg): 772, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.