Servings: 8 Prep 20 mins Total Time 1 hr
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Reserved roast beef, thawed (about 1 lb.)
- 12 ounces frozen pearl onions
- 12 ounces frozen peas & carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbs. flour
- 2 1/4 cups unsalted beef stock
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 Tbs. water
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. On a large sheet of parchment paper, roll out the puff pastry to fit inside a 3-qt. baking dish. Place the beef, onion, and peas and carrots in a 3-qt. baking dish; set aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat 2 Tbs. olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and thyme and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are tender and release their liquid. Stir in the flour. Cook and stir 1 minute. Whisk in the stock and salt. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, about 5 minutes. Pour sauce mixture over beef mixture in the baking dish; stir gently.
3. Top with the prepared puff pastry. Cut a few slits in the pastry. Brush with the egg mixture. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 404, Fat, total (g): 22, chol. (mg): 68, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 28, Monounsaturated fat (g): 12, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 4, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 3, sugar (g): 3, pro. (g): 24, vit. A (IU): 4064, vit. C (mg): 6, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 8, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 61, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 2, sodium (mg): 507, Potassium (mg): 539, calcium (mg): 40, iron (mg): 4, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.