Servings: 6 Yield: servings Prep 25 mins Chill overnight Bake 375°F 30 mins then at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
- 2 pkg (10 oz each) microwave-ready frozen brown rice (such as SteamFresh)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped oregano
- 1 bag (8 oz) 2% Italian cheese blend
- 1 each sweet red and green pepper, halved, cored and sliced
- 1 pkg (8 oz) sliced mushrooms
- 2 plum tomatoes, cored and diced
- 1 pkg (12 oz) fully cooked sweet pepper and Asiago chicken sausage, cut into coins
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
1. Toss frozen rice with herbs and spread into bottom of a 3-quart baking dish. Top with 1 cup of the Italian cheese blend.
2. Combine peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and sausage in a large bowl. Whisk together vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Toss with pepper mixture. Add to baking dish on top of rice. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
3. The next evening, remove casserole from refrigerator. Heat oven to 375 degrees . Remove plastic from casserole; sprinkle dish with remaining Italian cheese blend and the Parmesan. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees . Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes more. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 362, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 68, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 9, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 24, sodium (mg): 762, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.