1. Warm broth in a small, lidded pot over low heat.
2. Crumble sausage into a large, nonstick saute pan over medium heat. Brown 5 to 7 minutes, breaking apart meat with a wooden spoon. Transfer sausage to a medium bowl with a slotted spoon.
3. Pour oil into the same pan. Add onion and saute 3 minutes. Stir in mushrooms; saute 5 to 7 minutes until they are browned and soft. Add garlic and cook 1 more minute. Transfer mixture to bowl with sausage.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add rice; toast 1 minute. Add 1/3 cup of the warm broth. Scrape brown bits from bottom of pan. Bring to a very low simmer. When liquid is almost absorbed, add another 1/3 cup of broth. Continue adding broth 1/3 cup at a time, stirring frequently, until it is gone and rice is tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
5. Stir in cooked sausage-vegetable mixture, salt, pepper, cheese and parsley. Serve immediately.