Servings: 6 Yield: servings Prep 5 mins Cook 15 mins
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups frozen chopped onions and peppers, thawed
- 2 fully cooked jalapeno chicken sausages (such as Aidells spicy mango with jalapeno), sliced
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz) reducedsodium stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz) reducedsodium chicken broth
- 1 can (15 oz) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces baked tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup sliced scallion
- 1 avocado, diced
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and peppers; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add sausages; cook 3 minutes.
2. Stir in tomatoes, breaking up with a spoon. Add chicken broth, pinto beans, black beans, corn, chile powder, oregano and salt. Bring to a boil; lower heat and simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
3. To serve, spoon into soup bowls; crush tortilla chips over each serving and top with scallion and avocado.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 382, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): 17, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 54, fiber (g): 14, pro. (g): 17, sodium (mg): 780, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.