Yield: 2-1/2 cups Prep 15 mins Cook 50 mins
- 2 1/4 pounds red ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 cup golden or dark seedless raisins
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 small yellow onion, cut into small dice
- 1 jalapeno chile, stem removed, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise into thin half-moons
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. In 5-quart nonaluminum saucepan, combine tomatoes, raisins, cider vinegar, both sugars, onion, jalapeno, mustard seeds, salt, ginger and cinnamon. Bring to boiling over high heat. Lower heat; simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until thickened and liquid has cooked off, 50 minutes. Let cool completely.
2. Serve over grilled chicken or pork tenderloin, or as an appetizer over cream cheese alongside crackers. Refrigerate, covered, up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 35, Fat, total (g): , chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 9, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): , sodium (mg): 62, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.