Yield: about 3 1/4 cups Prep 5 mins Cook 4 mins
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon gravy starter (such as Kitchen Bouquet)
- 1/3 cup quick-mixing flour (such as Wondra; see Note)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Melt butter in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat, about 1 minute. Add 1 can of the broth; bring to simmer.
2. In a large measuring cup or bowl with a pouring spout, whisk remaining can of broth, gravy starter and flour.
3. Pour flour mixture into simmering broth while stirring. Add salt, poultry seasoning and pepper.
4. Increase heat to medium-high and bring mixture to a full boil. Once boiling, cook 3 minutes, until thickened. Transfer to gravy boat and serve warm. Makes about 3-1/4 cups.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 40, Fat, total (g): 3, chol. (mg): 9, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 3, fiber (g): , pro. (g): 1, sodium (mg): 265, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.