- 1 28 ounce can whole Italian-style tomatoes, cut up and undrained
- 2 large carrots, coarsely chopped (2 cups)
- 3 stalks celery, sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 large green sweet pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 12 ounces dried pasta, cooked and drained
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Fresh herb sprigs (optional)
1. For sauce, in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine undrained tomatoes, carrots, celery, onion, sweet pepper, tomato paste, water, garlic, sugar, Italian seasoning, salt, black pepper, and bay leaf.
2. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
3. Remove bay leaf; discard. Toss sauce with hot pasta. Sprinkle mixture with cheese. If desired, garnish with fresh herb sprigs.
Tip For Easy Cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 308, Fat, total (g): 1, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 64, Monounsaturated fat (g): , Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, fiber (g): 6, sugar (g): 12, pro. (g): 11, vit. A (IU): 109, vit. C (mg): 48, Thiamin (mg): 1, Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 4, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 121, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 636, Potassium (mg): 607, calcium (mg): 91, iron (mg): 4, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.