Yield: 1 cup Prep 5 mins Cook 20 mins
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 6 white peppercorns, crushed
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup butter (1-1/2 sticks), chilled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- Pinch salt
1. In saucepan (not nonstick), mix wine, vinegar, peppercorns, shallot, thyme, bay leaf. Simmer until almost dry, 15 minutes. Add cream; cook until mixture coats back of spoon, 1 minute.
2. Reduce heat. Add butter, a few pieces at a time, whisking to incorporate until sauce thickens, without butter melting and separating (about 5 minutes total).
3. Strain sauce into small bowl. Whisk in mustard and salt. Keep warm in a double boiler until ready to serve. Serve with salmon, chicken or pork.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 91, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 28, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): , fiber (g): , pro. (g): , sodium (mg): 35, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.