Yield: 1-1/2 cups Prep 5 mins
- 1/2 container (21 ounces) guava paste, about 3/4 cup (see Note)
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Pinch ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. Combine the guava paste, vinegar, water, oil, salt, pepper, cayenne, hot pepper sauce and allspice in a food processor.
2. Puree until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in parsley. Sauce is also good with tortilla chips. Makes 1-1/2 cups.
- This jellylike paste of tart-sweet tropical fruit works well with cheese; pureed, it lends body to sauces.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 82, Fat, total (g): 1, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 18, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): , sodium (mg): 104, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.