Yield: 1-1/2 cups Prep 10 mins Cook 19 mins
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) green chiles, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
1. Cook onion and garlic in a medium-size nonstick skillet over medium heat for 4 minutes, stirring. Place onion and garlic in a food processor along with broth, chiles, cilantro, parsley, sunflower seeds, cumin, salt and cayenne, and puree.
2. Return mixture to skillet and simmer over medium-low heat 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened. Stir in lime juice.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 56, Fat, total (g): 3, chol. (mg): 1, sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 5, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 2, sodium (mg): 345, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.