Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Chill 30 mins Microwave 20 seconds
- 1 6 ounce container plain, low-fat yogurt, liquid drained (if any)
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 4 whole-wheat pitas
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 large plum tomatoes (about 1/2 pound), sliced
- 1 8 ounce package garlic-and-herb flavored feta cheese, crumbled
Make It To make sauce:
1. Stir together yogurt, cucumber, garlic, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Cover and chill 30 minutes. Assemble gyros:
2. Wrap pitas in damp paper towel and microwave for 20 seconds. Place puffed-side down on plates. Down the middle of each, evenly layer lettuce, sauce, onion, tomato slices and feta. Fold up both sides like a taco.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 393, Fat, total (g): 17, chol. (mg): 43, sat. fat (g): 10, carb. (g): 46, fiber (g): 7, pro. (g): 21, sodium (mg): 1111, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.