Servings: 6 Start to Finish 20 mins
- 2 loaves French bread (18 inches long), cut crosswise into thirds
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna, packed in water, drained
- 12 Kalamata olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 1 small bunch fresh basil
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 medium-size cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
1. Cut each loaf of bread lengthwise in half. Whisk olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in bowl; brush over cut sides of bread.
2. Combine tuna, olives and capers in bowl. Line bottom halves of bread with basil leaves. Arrange tomato, tuna mixture, cucumber and red onion on top. Replace tops of bread. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 429, Fat, total (g): 18, chol. (mg): 24, carb. (g): 45, pro. (g): 23, sodium (mg): 1068, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.