Servings: 6 Prep 25 mins Slow Cook 4 hrs to 5 hrs on low-heat setting or 2 to 2-1/2 hours on high-heat setting
- 1/2 cup frozen shredded hashbrown potatoes
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce with garlic and onion
- 3/4 cup water
- 6 whole grain hoagie rolls, split and toasted, if desired
- 6 tablespoons shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1. In a large bowl combine the potatoes, onion, garlic, olives, cumin, oregano, allspice, salt, and pepper. Add turkey and mix well. Shape mixture into 24 1 3/4-inch meatballs. In a 12-inch skillet brown the meatballs on all sides in hot oil over medium heat (about 5 minutes).
2. Meanwhile, in a 3-1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker, stir together tomato sauce and water. Add meatballs to sauce mixture in cooker. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2-1/2 hours (meatballs should be cooked through).
3. To serve remove meatballs with a slotted spoon. Serve in rolls topped with cheese and some of the cooking liquid to moisten.
Tip For Easy Cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 385, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 52, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 45, Monounsaturated fat (g): 4, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 7, sugar (g): 6, pro. (g): 32, vit. A (IU): 194, vit. C (mg): 4, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 7, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 28, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 788, Potassium (mg): 89, calcium (mg): 172, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.