- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 cups cubed peeled and cored fresh pineapple
- 1 mango, seeded, peeled, and cubed
- English muffins, split and toasted
- 1/2 medium seedles cucumber, thinly sliced into rounds (optional)
1. In a large bowl mix together the beef, scallions, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Shape mixture into six 1/2-inch thick patties.
2. Heat a grill pan or a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the patties about 5 minutes per side or until done (160 degree F).
3. Meanwhile, for the salad, in a medium bowl mix together the pineapple, mango, lime juice, and honey.
4. In a small bowl, if desired, toss cucumber with a bit of rice vinegar. Serve burgers on English muffins topped with sliced cucumber. Makes 6 servings.
Make Ahead Tip
- Shape beef mixture into patties. Layer with parchment in between in an airtight freezer container. Seal, label and freeze. Thaw in the refrigerator before using. Cook as above.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 352, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 49, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 47, Monounsaturated fat (g): 4, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): 1, fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 17, pro. (g): 21, vit. A (IU): 340, vit. C (mg): 48, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 4, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 48, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 2, sodium (mg): 425, Potassium (mg): 406, calcium (mg): 131, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.