Servings: 24 Yield: 2 dozen Prep 20 mins Total Time 50 mins
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 teaspoon flaky salt, such as Maldon Sea Salt, fleur de sel, or kosher ( or use a scant 1/4 tsp. regular table salt)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8x8 baking pan with foil, extending the foil over edges of pan. Coat foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl stir together the sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla. Mix in the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Add the chocolate chips, and stir to combine. Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the salt evenly over the batter. (Crumble the salt with your fingers if the flakes are big.)
3. Bake 25 minutes, until lightly browned, and a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Lift bars out using foil and cut into 24 pieces.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 24; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 93, Fat, total (g): 4, chol. (mg): 15, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 14, Monounsaturated fat (g): 1, Polyunsaturated fat (g): , Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): , sugar (g): 10, pro. (g): 1, vit. A (IU): 90, vit. C (mg): , Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 11, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 117, Potassium (mg): 22, calcium (mg): 16, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.