Servings: 8 Yield: servings Prep 10 mins Slow Cook 6 hrs on HIGH or LOW for 8 hours Broil 4 minutes
- 1 jar (16 oz) tomatillo salsa (such as Frontera)
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 pounds pork ribs, cut into 2 sections
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pepitas and chopped scallion, for garnish (optional)
1. Coat slow cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine tomatillo salsa, onion, jalapenos, cilantro, garlic and 1/2 tsp each of the salt and pepper.
2. Season ribs with remaining 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper, the coriander and cumin. Place in slow cooker; pour tomatillo mixture over top.
3. Cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
4. Heat broiler to high. Cut ribs apart; place on a broiler pan and spoon some sauce over top. Broil 3 to 4 minutes, until browned and slightly crispy.
5. Serve ribs garnished with pepitas and scallion, if using.
Tip For easy cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 336, Fat, total (g): 24, chol. (mg): 99, sat. fat (g): 8, carb. (g): 3, fiber (g): , pro. (g): 27, sodium (mg): 666, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.